Behind-the-Scenes at OLT
But what reeeeeally happens?
- It all starts with You. You need a professional, high-quality translation from a provider you can trust. You don’t want to go to a generic translation agency, so you reach out to Online Legal Translations for a quote, and, based on the factors discussed in our earlier post, we quote you a rate for the project. If our quote fits your needs, you give OLT the go-ahead, and we’re off like lightning!
- Next, an OLT Project Manager assigns your project to the carefully vetted Online Legal Translations Lawyer-Translator who is best suited in subject matter and your language pair(s).
- This Lawyer-Translator performs the translation, using our specific process (to be described in a future blog post) designed to maintain the highest levels of translation quality and legal writing integrity. During the process, the Lawyer-Translator will confer with the Project Manager with any questions or concerns and if needed, we will reach out to you directly for clarification.
- Once complete, the translation is reviewed by the Project Manager for completeness, proper formatting, etc.
- Next, the document is reviewed, proofread and edited as required by a second Lawyer-Translator skilled in your language combinations and subject matter.
- A final verification and quality review is performed by the Project Manger, and the resulting high-quality, professional legal translation is delivered to you.
An average, experienced, Lawyer-Translator can translate approximately 2,000-3,000 words per 8-hour day. This timing can vary, depending on the complexity of the subject, languages involved, and the quality and formatting of the original document.
The above process, end-to-end, in full, takes about 1.5 to 2 times as long to complete as the actual translation work. Quality is important to us, and we believe in investing time and expertise throughout each project to ensure the highest possible quality and client satisfaction.
“Rush” services are available if you are on a tighter deadline. In some cases, where we are able to maintain quality, we will assign more than one lawyer-translator to your project, in order to meet your deadlines.
So, now you know what’s going on with your document when you send it to OLT for a high-quality, professional translation.
We look forward to providing you with quality, professional service on your next translation project. Contact us today for a free quote.